Saturday, June 25, 2016

Teal is Coming to an End

I actually made a big dent in my TEAL Selvedge bin! There wasn't much in it before, now it is really bare! But, that's a good thing, right? RIGHT!!
I used the Selvedge bin for these 5 "That Thirties Thing" blocks.
And then I dug in the bin again to make these 12 String Blocks. I didn't think I had enough variety, but I think they came out just fine. I felt like I was using the same fabrics over and over and over again! It kinda got boring!!
I haven't started on my Flower Blocks yet and they might not get made this month. And next month I will really fall behind since I will be away from my sewing studio for 3 weeks!! I will catch up later!!
I also wanted to make something with these 2 fabrics.
And this is what I made.
It is the Runaround Bag from Lazy Girl Designs. It is my go to pattern for small bags. I have added the 'boxed' bottom and divided inside pocket. It does have the outside pocket which holds my cellphone. It's only 7"x9" and it is all I need. Never have liked a big purse!
EDITED TO ADD: It is actually 8"x9". I forgot that I added an inch to the width. I would have to jam my cellphone in the back outside pocket, on my previous bags, so I wanted to see if it would be better this time. Just don't want my phone to fall out!! Will keep you posted!
I also love making zipper pulls.
Sorry for the poor picture quality. It has brown beads and blue heart shaped beads.
I also had my 16 year old Grand niece here for 3 days. I have been teaching her to sew. She is making her 2nd dress and is really doing a great job. She is not interested in quilting................yet!!!
I am sorry to see TEAL come to an end, but am looking forward to a new color. Stop by SoScrappy to see what other TEAL blocks were made this week.
Linking to SoScrappy.

.............Sew till next time................

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Looks like plenty of variety in teals to me. Best of all, you managed to make a dent in the pile. Always a great feeling. Love the little bag! Really as long as you have a cell phone and credit card, maybe a chapstick, it is easy enough to get by. Enjoy your travels. Fabric is always nice enough to wait until you can get back to it.

Kathy S. said...

Your bag is GORGEOUS! I need to make one too. I love the modification of the bottom! Your string blocks are pretty. I can't tell you were using the same fabrics! Your scraps work great together. We'll miss you for three weeks. Have a great time.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute bag, but, it would easily fit inside my purse. I tend to carry a large purse, jammed full.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Selvages, Strings, and a new bag... GREAT work!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

That is a great small bag and lightweight. A good grab-and-go size. The fabrics are so perfect. Have a wonderful time and your fabrics will be busy multiplying while you are gone. Have a fun week!

Angie said...

Love your version of the Runaround Bag! I have that pattern, but have yet to make it.

Heidi said...

Your teals look amazing! Love the bag too, wonderful fabrics for it.

Kate said...

Lots of gorgeous teals! You mixed up your limited palette so it really looks like you had a lot more. Your bag turned out beautifully!

LA Paylor said...

Nice! I liked the fabrics a lot, then my mouth dropped at the terrific way you used them! And you did use them which would be hard to let yourself do.

Magpie Sue said...

What a great little bag, and the prints are perfect for it. (I would steal it from you if I were anywhere near you!)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your teals are simply delicious to look at and congrats on an awesome bag (I don't like big purses either!).