I started and finished part 6 today. 128 Double bricks and 64 quarter square triangles.
So now I am ready for Part 7 which will come out tomorrow morning. Bonnie at Quiltville is just moving us right along with this mystery. I can't wait for it to all come together. Sew til next time...... - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
This step was too easy and fast! Thanks Bonnie! Here are the 2" and 3 1/2" squares all cut and ready to be sewn.
I started marking the diagonal line on the 2" squares and had almost half of them marked. I took a break and read a few of my favorite blogs. "Cluck, Cluck, Sew" has a tutorial called Triangle Corner Trick in which you put tape on the machine bed as a guide and as you sew you keep the bottom "point" of your square riding along the tape. Easy peasy. Works great and I finished the blocks in no time.
After pressing all of the finished blocks I decided it was time for a new ironing board cover!
Instead of making a hem for the casing ( which I can never get wide enough to easily run the elastic thru) I decided to use leftover bindings. I sewed quite a few together, so now the underside is really colorful. Sorry, I forgot to take a pic. But here is the new cover. Nothing fancy, maybe I will be more adventurous on the next one!
And yes, I always have 2 irons on the Ironing board! One is a dry iron ( no holes) and the other, I use steam.
Be sure to check out the link up on Bonnie Hunter's site to see everyone's progress.
I hope everyone who visits here has a very safe and happy holiday.
Wow, this part took me all week, but at least it's done and I can stay on track!! I'm finding out real fast that I really don't like to do "flying geese". I guess next time I will try the "no waste" ones and see if they are any easier. I had to trim EVERY one of those darn things! But I think Bonnie said there would be no more geese. Please don't tell me I dreamt that!!! And here they are on my design wall.
And here are the 145 - 3 1/2" lime green squares. I am really lovin' these colors. Can't wait to see where the green will go!
Now I will show you why it took me so long to get these done! I wanted to make this little apron for a Christmas gift.
It's a McCall's pattern. This the the monster and they also have a butterfly and lion all in the same pattern.
I haven't done satin stitching in years, so I'm really surprised at how good it came out (without practicing!)
And here is the back. I used what fabric I had and I didn't have enough of either fabric to make 2 ties, so I just made one from each fabric!
I am trying real hard to stay on track with this mystery, but I just don't feel like sewing. I have managed to finish 30 blocks, shown here........
............And I have the other 34 blocks almost done, but have not gotten back in the sewing room. (I spent all day yesterday in the hospital having a CYSTOSCOPY and a RENAL SCAN. My Dr. is trying to figure out what's going on with my kidneys.) I figured if I posted this, it would give me the incentive to stay on track. I'll let you know if that works!!
Be sure to check Bonnie's
site to see everyone's update.
Sew til next time.......
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
I have been looking for a small cabinet with drawers to put next to my chair that I do all my handwork from and I FINALLY found it. It is an Arrow Sewing Cabinet from Connecting Threads. They were having a special on them last week, so I ordered it, got it and DH just put it together in time for my birthday on Saturday. It didn't take me long to fill up the drawers with my current projects!! This way I can put everything away each time I finish and don't have to leave it hanging around on multiple chairs and the TV tray! I love it! Thanks DH!
I am on a roll! It's Sunday (just finished watching Bonnie on quilt cam) and I'm done with part 2 and even have the rectangles cut for Part 3 of Easy Street!! Woo-who!!
Thank you Bonnie (and Jeff) for the video on how to use the Companion angle and Easy angle rulers. I am a leftie and was able to make the correct cut the very first time. The worst part of the whole process was cutting all of those "dog ears". But now all the blocks are done and are waiting to be put in this quilt!
Theses are all the purples I am using. Yummy color!
And here are all the geese all lined up along with the rectangles (top of pic)
And here they are in the box all ready for the next step! I have really enjoyed this process so far. I can't wait to see what everyone else has accomplished this week-end.
Be sure to check Bonnie's
site to see everyone's progress.