I started marking the diagonal line on the 2" squares and had almost half of them marked. I took a break and read a few of my favorite blogs. "Cluck, Cluck, Sew" has a tutorial called Triangle Corner Trick in which you put tape on the machine bed as a guide and as you sew you keep the bottom "point" of your square riding along the tape. Easy peasy. Works great and I finished the blocks in no time.
After pressing all of the finished blocks I decided it was time for a new ironing board cover!
Instead of making a hem for the casing ( which I can never get wide enough to easily run the elastic thru) I decided to use leftover bindings. I sewed quite a few together, so now the underside is really colorful. Sorry, I forgot to take a pic. But here is the new cover. Nothing fancy, maybe I will be more adventurous on the next one!
And yes, I always have 2 irons on the Ironing board! One is a dry iron ( no holes) and the other, I use steam.
Be sure to check out the link up on Bonnie Hunter's site to see everyone's progress.
I hope everyone who visits here has a very safe and happy holiday.
Sew til next time.....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad