Friday, January 16, 2009

January Birthday Blocks

Ok, I know, I should be working on my UFO's, but I still have an obligation to get these done in a timely manner!! So, for Miss January (G-3, aka-Bonnie), this is your "woodsey" block. I hope it meets with your approval. I couldn't believe I found the perfect block in one of my quilt books. Of course, whoever has seen my sewing room knows, that I SHOULD find the perfect pattern with all the books that I have! LOL!And here's a close up. I've been appliqueing for awhile, but on the last couple of projects I have done, I've been using the "no template" method. I really like it.


And now for Miss January, part 2, this is for Laurie. She wanted a traditional block with Civil War repros. That is one line of fabric that I do not collect, so when I was lucky enough to be in Paducah, Ky this summer, I found a few at Hancock's of Paducah. I hope you like it Laurie and that is what you had in mind. Oh, btw, the pattern is from EQ-6 and is called "Old Scraps Patchwork".


No comments: