Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Little More Orange

Well, it was a week filled with everything except too little sewing! We are going on a 2 week road trip to Estes Park, CO, so most of my week was taken up with getting ready for that adventure! We were there last year for the Fourth of July and have been looking forward to going back since then! I can't wait to see all the snow on the mountains! It will be a big change going from 80 degrees to the 30`s and 40's!!
I did manage to get my 5 "That 30's Thing" blocks done. I really like how these turned out.
I will not have a chance to make my Flower blocks for this month, but hope to get back on track in May. It's really to early in the year to start falling behind!!
I'm off to see what others have done this week. Stop by SoScrappy and take a look.
..............Sew till next time............

12 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! You've got the full range of oranges there. Enjoy your road trip!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your blocks are coming together nicely, well blended. Have a wonderful trip!

gayle said...

I really like these blocks, and your oranges make them spectacular!
Have a great time on your trip, and make a snow angel if you get a chance!

LA Paylor said...

no need to rush! Your circles of bars are awesome. LeeAnna

Angie said...

Have a great trip - all the scraps will be there waiting for you when you get home!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I don't think that Angela said anything about falling behind in this challenge. I think it's all about using your scrap in whatever way you choose and in whatever amount you are able. That means ONE block or ONE quilt... it's ALL good!!! Safe travels.

Marly said...

You have so many orange fabrics and these blocks have turned out beautifully. Enjoy your trip.

Cathy said...

Have fun. I haven't been to Estes Park since I was a kid and went tent camping with the family. We had to put on almost every piece of clothing from our suitcase and then hunt for rocks to heat up to put in our sleeping bags in order to stay warm at night. Ah, memories.

I love that block and like how you've left some selvages in there.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are NOT falling behind - you are simply working on the delayed gratification theory! Enjoy your travels.

Vicki in MN said...

Great orange blocks! I just made mine today for the RSC16 challenge-doing the same block as you.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your blocks. Enjoy your trip.

Deb A said...

Pretty blocks. Enjoy your trip. The good thing about fabrics is they are vey patient and wait for us.