Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First Selvedge Quilt

I'm a little late in posting this, but as the saying goes---better late than never!
I made this quilt as a total surprise for DD's 40th birthday in November 2013.


Finished blocks are 8". I drafted the color way in EQ 7. I paper pieced using old phone book pages. They are a dream to rip out. I have tried so many different papers, even ones made especially for paper piecing, and I like these the best.


Can you tell that her favorite color is purple? I cut strips 4 1/2" wide and just randomly sewed them together for the backing. Love how this one turned out!

I am linking to Freemotion by the River, so stop by and see what is being shared this week.

Sew till next time.......


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

ChristaQuilts said...

Your selvedge quilt is super cool! Nice job on the backing, too!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Beautifully done!! Who doesn't love purple?? :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The front and back are both beautiful! I love using telephone book pages for paper piecing too! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Leah said...

Great backing! Love the coloured strips.


Never used telephone book pages, don't even know if I have one in the house....

Sue Daurio said...

wow, front and back that is a beauty!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the purple