Sunday, August 29, 2010

SPENT THE DAY SEWING YESTERDAY......

...and this is what I accomplished!! Made 2 potholders for Lea with fabric that I got on our Canada trip this summer. I had only purchased a fat quarter of each and I SHOULD have known that wasn't gonna be enough. I want to make myself a couple of potholders also, so I am using it VERY sparingly!


I wanted a special card for my sister in law's birthday, so I made it myself! I had never appliqued on paper, nor had I used the crystals before, so all in all I think it came out pretty good. I even lined the inside, but didn't take a pic of it! Since I have the whole weekend off, I am trying to make good use of it, so I've gotta get back to my sewing. See ya next time! Hopefully I won't stay away so long.

1 comment:

Mickierae said...

I just found your blog through Pieceful Kwilter, a friend of mine. Anyway, I used to live in Metairie. I think I have both of those Canadian fabrics in my stash from an Alaska trip. Try writing Quilt Alaska in Skagway, Abbys Reflections in Sitka or the shop in Ketchikan. You can find them on line. They probably still have them. I bought FQs of a LOT of fabric in Alaska. Going back this year and will probably buy more.

Michele Bautsch