Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MARCH BIRTHDAY BLOCKS And One Late one from February :-(


Ok, I think I will start with the late block! This was for Wendi-the February BD girl. She asked for buildings for her "town" quilt, which, "Nell" was eager to name "Wendiville". And the name has stuck!! This is my take on our local Post Office. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but Wendi was happy to have it to add to her town. She has received so many wonderful buildings, a library, mall, and a quilt shop, just to name a few. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

My first March block was for Lisa. I had made her block months ago. I always have a project to work on while I "watch" TV and this is one of them. Lisa wanted us to think "Hawaiian". So what else would I make but an Hawaiian appliqued pineapple block!




Next on my list was Paula's basket. She wanted it scrappy, on point, and done in Civil War reproduction fabrics and shirtings.

I think I hit the mark with this one. I have never used Civil War repro's before this swap. They are starting to grow on me! Their tones are so deep, I might
start collecting a few to do a scappy sort of quilt. Oh, wait a minute, I promised myself to use up some of my stash before I buy more fabric. I'll let you know what happens!!


The last block I did was for Kristen. I just finished it on Sunday and it's not in the mail yet! She will be getting this a little late, for which I am sorry for. I hope to get back on track with April's blocks! I don't like being late for anything! Kristen requested bright modern fabric using flying geese pattern. When I bought the fabric in July I didn't remember about the "bright" part of her request!! So I'm really hoping with will do!




No comments: